The Cultural Points of Child Evangelism Fellowship
1. Importance of Godly Leadership at Every Level: Spiritual leadership is the highest form of authority. The men and women who lead must have a personal heart for God in order to be able to discern the will of God and lead the ministry effectively. Regardless of the skill of a leader, if he or she lacks the heart for God, the work will be eroded at its very foundation.
2. Importance of the Spiritual Welfare of Our Workers: It is vital that we are never satisfied to simply teach our staff the methods of how to reach children and how to train others to do so, but we must purposefully invest in the spiritual lives of our staff. When CEF staff are men and women who are primarily driven by passion for God and His glory and have a clear call from the Lord, the work will prosper. If we keep our focus on God and on His calling, then we will be sustained in times of challenge.
3. Importance of Prayer as Our Foundation: It is not the work we do, the meetings we hold or the decisions we make that bring the greatest advances in the work; it is the time spent before the throne of God in prayer, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that brings power, labourers, and resources into the ministry.
4. Importance of Evangelising Children : There is no limit to the number of organisations that do many good things that are important to boys and girls in need. We are thankful to God for them and believe that God uses them to help hurting children. CEF, however, has been called by God to make it our highest priority to present the Gospel so children may be saved and discipled in God’s Word. We must stay on point.
5. Importance of a Clear and Biblical Presentation of the Gospel : The fact that a young child can comprehend the simple message of salvation and become a child of God is the foundational principle of CEF. Everything else that we do is based upon this fact. The good news of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto salvation. We must present it clearly and accurately.
6. Importance of a Commitment to Excellence for the Glory of God: Every aspect of the work, no matter how big or small, has significance. This includes the training we conduct, the materials we produce, the facilities we use and the way we present ourselves. In every area we must strive for excellence to the glory of God.